Monday, October 19, 2015

October Third Sunday Dinner Report


I know  I just posted for September and here is October already.  I am trying to keep caught up.   It was a miracle this Sunday.  We usually have great weather, but this Sunday there was a storm brewing.  It was crazy.  Lighting, thunder, and huge clouds.

It looked crazy, but I had total faith that we were on the Lord's errand and we would be blessed.  It sprinkled, and rained lightly.  The funny thing was when everyone left the clouds burst and oh my what a down pour.  It was crazy.  But a miracle.

This Sunday we did a wonderful burrito bar.   I cooked up two large roaster pans of beans with quinoa, and I do confess I used bacon drippings.  Oh my they were tasty.  I love refried beans and I don't use bacon drippings often, but when I do, no regrets.   I just enjoy the experience.  

I had a ton of potatoes, so we, actually my nephew, chopped them and others fried them with great seasonings and we had potato and bean burritos.  It was really great.   Rainy weather, burritos, chips and salsa, and friends.  It was a great evening.

Next month is Thanksgiving and I am so excited.

I hope you are enjoying your adventures in food.  Have a great one.

Chef Brad~America's Grain Guy







My Nephew,  he is amazing.   He comes running whenever I need him.  And he is handy in the kitchen.

The boys did a great job making the burritos. 

Happy Faces and the Storm is held at bay.

They preferred Nachos.

Big pot of potatoes.  Fresh cooked tortillas and beans. 


New Friends 

New neighbor,  welcome Justin to the family.

I love these ladies. Great neighbors and friends. 


Beans

Potatoes

My next door neighbors.  We are so lucky.  Love you two.  

Don't you just love the face of a happy boy eating.  

And that's what it's all about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment